Let me share with you one of the hillarious content of this book:
THE SILLIEST LAWS..
- In Ohio, USA, it is illegal to get a fish drunk.
- In the UK, it is an act of treason to position a postage stamp bearing a king's or queen's head upside down.
- In Victoria, Australia, it is an offence to wear pink hotpants after midday on Sundays.
- In florida, USA, it is illegal for unmarried women to parachute on Sundays.
- In England, drivers of black taxi cabs are required to ask all passengers if they have smallpox or the plague.
- In China, you are not allowed to rescue anyone who is drowning because it is thought you are interfering with their fate.
- In Switzerland, after 10pm, a man may not pee standing up.
- In California, USA, it is illegal to set a mousetrap without a hunting licence.
- In the city of Joliet in Illinois, USA, a woman can be arrested for trying on for more than six dresses in one shop.
- In the UK, any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end can be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks.
- In France, it is illegal to name a pig Napoleon.
- In Milan, Italy, there is a legal requirement to smile at all times, except at funerals or during hospital visits.
- In Kentucky, USA, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon that is more than 1.8 metres long.
- Kissing on French railways is forbidden, and in Greece, if a man is caught kissing a woman, the death penalty can be enforced.
- In England, any boy under ten years old may not look at a naked shop dummy.
- In Beijing, China, you could be fined if you stop your car at a pedestrian crossing to let someone cross the road.
- In Alabama, USA, it is not lawful to flick snot into the wind.
- In Cester, UK, it is legal to shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow, as long as the event occurs within the city walls and it is after midnight.
- In Alabama, USA, it is illegal to drive a vehicle while blindfolded.
- In Vermont, USA, women must get consent from their husbands before wearing false teeth.
Fancy a pink hotpants, anybody? Smile!