Followers

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Hello winter!

The last time I remembered myself feeling cold and numb  like I was being stuck deep inside a freezer was when we visited Melbourne for a family vacation in 2012. It was only April, the snow queen was still fast asleep, but the island down under has already felt the impact of the cold weather. Heaters have to be turned on 24/7 whenever we were indoor, else mom would start her lecture on how we should be grateful that we are born and raised in a moderate weather of Malaysia. Of course at the end of every lecture came the common question of when we are going back to Kuala Lumpur.

*wink-wink*

So last year, when Mr.Hubby and I decided to go to Hong Kong and Shenzhen for Disneyland and shopping experience, we warned mom that the weather there can be as nasty as Melbourne's. Indeed we were right, for the weather was all wet and windy. And mom definitely made the right decision not to follow us there, or I could have produced a 100-page guide on how to survive 'cold lectures'. Hong Kong was not as cold as Melbourne, yet the strong winds that blew persistently chilled us to the bones. Nevertheless, the children were happy, so we forgot all about coldness.

And now here in Riyadh, the weather has changed itself from being fiercely hot in August when I first stepped on this land to a chilling December. Yup, there's no snow in winter for Riyadh, but the coldness here at times can be similar to a winter in Leicester. Oh! I do miss the city!



One good thing about winter in Riyadh is the colourful blooms that emerge almost immediately everywhere and turned the city alive. Here I find flowers that I have never seen before and they are all very beautiful!


When I first saw this strange flowers from far, I thought that the gardeners are planting cauliflowers around the university! Unfortunately, they are not cauliflowers....




I don't know why but every time I look at this flowers, it reminds me of pomegranates....



It's hard to really concentrate and observe if there is any bees troop close by, but I do believe this is the best time of the year they get busy with pollination.



People take advantage to stroll along the park, some joining their children in a ball game or two. And the best moment I'd be looking forward everyday is when I could snuggle comfortably in a blanket in front of the TV, watching good movie alone after the children have gone to bed.



 That reminds me of a student's advise this morning at the office...

"Doctor, you need to buy a winter abaya, seriously. The one that you have could not warm you up in winter. You will freeze."

I looked down at my abaya and only realised that the girl was right.

Should I go shopping?







6 comments:

  1. As salaamu alaykum my sister, I hope that you are doing well. It's being such a long time since I've had time to check out my favourite blogs, but I haven't forgotten you.

    Seems like you have had many adventures of your own;-)

    Wishing you all the best for the year ahead. Stay well always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam, my dear sister Zarina...

      God knows how much I missed you. Yes, it has been a long time, and I am struggling to keep this blog alive...(lol). Can you see how long I took to reply you? But I too, haven't forgotten you. How are you doing, sister?

      There have been numerous bitter sweet memories in my life diary, but I hardly find time to share it here. I do hope I could come here more often this new year, InsyaAllah.

      Nice talking to you again sis. Take care. Hugs and kisses for you.

      Delete
  2. Alhadmulillah I am doing well, and I know exactly how it is, I also haven't had time to blog as much as I would like to, nevertheless, keep me in your prayers Insha Allah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, sis. You are always in my duaa. InsyaAllah.

      Delete
  3. Assalamu Alaikum, sis. So happy that you found time to post and update us about what's happening in your life :)

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waalaikumussalam, sis Nadia.. insyaAllah, I am trying to catch up with you ;-)
    Been there, done that... but where is the time to write about it?
    But wallahi I am not complaining. Just wish I could write more often, before I totally forget all the beautiful memories I have experienced.
    Missed you sis!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails